So, we all get bored at times, but we deal with boredom in different ways. Some may decide just to sleep, and some go outside and find adventure. Since I have a lot of experience in the department of being bored (sarcasm), then I thought I would share some ideas of what you can do when you’re bored. This is what helps me, so I am not certain it will help anyone else, but give it a try.
- Go out on a walk- I have found myself taking a lot more walks recently because it is such a relaxing way to get out in nature. You can do this with or without a friend. When I walk without a friend, I sometimes decide to find a quiet sitting place in nature and just write or draw because it soothes me.
- Go to the grocery store- This may seem very ridiculous, but when I get bored I sometimes go to the grocery store to see what I might want to eat later for breakfast or snack, and I kind of explore the different foods to see if I find something new.
- I search up events- I find myself doing this at times where I just want to find something different to do one weekend, so I’ll search up festivals I can go to. For example, I found a festival called Greenroom that I am persuading my parents to let me go to with Ebba.
- Decorate and clean your room- To be honest, I don’t find myself cleaning my room often unless it is organizing my make up table which I do while cleaning it. However, this is a great way to pass time, and in the end you will be satisfied with what you did.
- Go to the gym- I know this may be hard for some of you who can’t go to the gym due to age restrictions, but you can still go exercising in nature. I personally like the gym, but it’s up to you.
- Stalk someone- Yes, we all do it… When I get super bored, I tend to investigate further on people’s facebook walls, haha. I know that everyone does it so don’t pretend that you don’t, haha! It is really fun if you find out something new about the person, but just make sure not to accidentally like their pic from 167 weeks ago…
- Bake- It is a great way to pass time in a fun way, and in the end you can have something to treat yourself with.
- Visit a museum or historical park- This is actually quite fun. I used to hate museums and historical parks but now I find the fascinating… well, it depends… It is a great way to learn while passing time though, and it would be great quality time with a friend.
- Homework- I hate to be the person who says this, but homework is such an important thing to get done, and you might as well do it when you are bored already. It’s a productive way to spend your time.
All in all, I hope you enjoyed these tips, and I hope you try some of them. They are really fun to do for me, and I hope they will be for you too.